1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

YAY! again! *INTRODUCING - THOR!* Pics on 1st post!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Jul 30, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    I finally have my breeding trio of Jersey Giants!! I knew this boy I was picking up today, was going to be big but I didnt realize THIS big!!
    All I know is these girls has BETTER like him!! I didnt drive almost 2 hours just for them to reject him! lol

Edit - I went and changed the water and put some Ice Cubes in it since he just traveled 3 hours and its hot out... and what does he do?
    Trys to STAND on the water bucket!!! And he doesnt just stick his beak in the water.. he sticks his WHOLE HEAD in the water!!! He's massive compaired to all the birds on the property now! Even the Jersey girls (Jersey and Liquorish)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
  2. juliaaa

juliaaa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Syracuse, New York
    Can't wait to see pictures of how BIG he really is! We wanted to get a pair of those but have to build another coop and run first.

3. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    yeah I have him in my boy's coop right now while their outside (2 Bantam boys) I dont think I am putting them back in that coop with him! He's way too big and will probably hurt them! So I think the Bantam boys will end up staying in with the girls (since my girls arent laying yet) and come next weekend DH is expanding the coop run and sectioning off the tracter for my d'Uccles and Black Tailed White Japanese pairs. But I'm going out to get some pics now of him now! none will probably come out right though cuz of the way the sun is sitting.

4. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    New pics up! [​IMG]

5. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Holy cow! Look at the size of his FEET!!!! [​IMG] They are like dragon legs!!! He is beautiful!!!

Hope he doesn't hurt the girls too much when he gets frisky!!!! [​IMG]

Blessings! Blessings! Blessings!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    He's beautiful. That is so funny that he dunks his whole head in the water. It must have been refreshing. [​IMG]

7. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Thank you all!! He is an awesome rooster! He's sweet and he's already protecting his girls from my MIL's Red Sex-link hens!!

Thor with Jersey and Liquorish!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Hoo boy, he is a giant, alright! Congrats on a great looking bird. [​IMG]

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Thor is huge!

10. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Thank you! and yes he is HUGE!! The Jersey girls are the size of my MIL's 25 week old Red Sex-link hens and their only 13-14 weeks old! Thor is the same age as the girls and he is MASSIVE! I think he's even bigger them my 7lbs Chihuahua!!! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by