Yay!!! BABIES!!! *Fuzzy butt overload*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hollymh, Jun 21, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I have never hatched quail a day in my life but a friend sent me some with my eggs I bought from her and they are hatching!!! I went to check the bator and bump the humidity b/c it was getting close to hatch time for the lil quil and WA-LA I open the lid and there are two tinsy weensy baby quail peeping away! Out of 5 eggs 2 have hacthed and 2 are pipped and hatching, I cannot believe it!!! I will post pics in a few mins, they are so freaking adorable!!! They are on day 16 almost 17 , do they normally hatch early, I didn't even get a chance to bump the humidity?! I have been so caught up with life that I forgot it was so close to hatch time, that was the best suprise ever!!!

So today is day 20 and we have new babies, 2 turkens,1 big brown mix and a australorp!

Gee, you can't tell what this one is*insert sarcasam*
    [​IMG]

Here are the babies, I know they are cruddy pics but I'm letting them rest before I attack them with the camera [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chicken pile!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  2. tamsflock

tamsflock Songster

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Congrats that is awesome mine have hatched between 16- 19. Hopefully it will be 3 hens and a roo!!! If you put pictures up at 3 weks I can tell you what you have. They are tiny but they grow fast!! 4 more days left on the chickie eggs keep me posted [​IMG]

3. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:My one silkie egg quit [​IMG]!!! But, the turkens, polish, welsummers and mixes are all doing great! Just 2-3 more days!!! [​IMG]

4. R@ndy

[email protected] Songster

Mar 20, 2009
    Taneytown
    Wow!!! they are so tiny and cute as a button [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Big Congrats to ya [​IMG]

5. annanicole18

annanicole18 Songster

Mar 16, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    ahh now i must have quail! even smaller than the little batam chick i have running around too cute

6. tamsflock

tamsflock Songster

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Keep me posted on the turkens, polish, welsummers and mixes the countdown has begun!!!

7. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:I know!!! I can't wait, almost day 19~

8. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Tam- I have a pip!!! [​IMG] It's one of the lorp eggs, the one that says "LORP PEN?" lol So I guess it's a lorp [​IMG]

Make that 3 pips!!! Two mixed browns(what are they by the way) and one Lorp [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  9. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    TAM- I have babies!!! 4 so far completely hatched, I had a lorp pip and die, it looked like he has a double membrane, I have never seen anything like it [​IMG]

A welsummer pipped!!! Still no polish though [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  10. kysilkies

kysilkies Songster

May 3, 2009
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: