Yay! Colloidal silver cured my poopy butt, lethargic 5 day old chick!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Azulegg, May 19, 2011.

1. Azulegg

Azulegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    south central PA
    Little ameraucana chicky had been lethargic for a few days, not eating, but drinking and not moving around that much. It had a messy butt and the chick smelled bad. So remembering I had colloidal silver in the cabinet, I gave it a drop in the morning, and a drop in the evening yesterday, plus put some in the water for the other chicks. Wa laaa!!! Chickie is acting normal today, running around and eating like crazy and it's butt is not runny any more!!! Thank God!! Woo hoo!!!! [​IMG]

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Glad to hear the good news!!

I've got some colloidal silver in my kitchen cabinet, so it's good to know it worked!

I'll have to remember that next time.

[​IMG]

3. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Another thing on the outlaw list becuase it is dangerous... [​IMG]

4. Azulegg

Jan 15, 2007
    south central PA
    Yeah Go figure Giddymoon!! The "outlawed" stuff saved my little chickie!!! I gotta get more of this stuff as I am getting low on it.

5. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
  6. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    Make your own colloidial silver. Super easy and and cost pennies per gallon. You need two small strips of .999 fine silver, three 9v batteries, a couple alligator clips, two 10 inch sections of coated wire, a glass container (16 oz) and distilled water. Hook the batteries up in a series for 27 volts (Neg to pos, neg to pos) . Bend the two strips of silver over the glass container and deep into the container filled nearly to the top with distilled water (must be distilled!) Attach the two electrodes of silver by the alligator clips to the wires back to the batteries. Let set for about 45 minutes to an hour. The negatively charged silver particles will release from the one neg. side and try to collect on the Pos. side. Most of the silver particles wont make it across to the pos. side and will become suspended in the water. If you shine a bright beam of light through the colloid, you should be able to see a slight haze. At this point, taste it. If you can taste the silver it is strong enough. This is colloidial silver. A true colloid would have no other ingredients. Within a day or so, the colloidial silver should oxidize to a light yellow tint, this is normal. Best to store out of the light and use it up with in 6 months. Works great topically and safe enough to put in your eye.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  7. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    Just don't drink by the quart, you might turn blue like that guy in Montana [​IMG]. A little goes a long way.

8. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    whew! I was worried because I only read the first part of your subject and thought you were treating YOUR OWN poopy butt. Glad everything is ok!

9. Azulegg

Jan 15, 2007
    south central PA
    Quote:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

ooops it does sound like that!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by