YAY! Everyone celebrate!

lovin my birds

Songster
8 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Odessa, MO
So I have never had one of my LF girls go broody. Mostly because we didnt want any to. Anyway, this year I want some babies from my flock so I left a few eggs in the coop. The next morning I go out and there are like 18 eggs in a little nest in a cardboard box that I had in there for my bantam hen who wasnt wanting to lay her eggs with the others. I guess the others found out that the box was a nicesafe place to lay, and go broody. Haha! One of my year old Barred Rock went broody for me. She has fooled me before though. She will lay on them and then when I would go in the coop and get the eggs she would run off the nest and not go back on and just go back to doing her thing. Well this time that is not the case, I go in and she starts screaming at me, then I tried to get the eggs and she got all puffed up and pecked at me. She is a sweet girl and has never ever tried to peck me before so I knew it right then and there. SHE IS BROODY! She hasnt been off her nest in two days! Yay! I am so excited! Everyone celebrate with me.
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
bun.gif
woot.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom