yay!! finally got purebred Ameraucanas

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Frost Homestead, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    I've had Easter Eggers for a while and I've been wanting to get some purebred Ameraucanas for a long time but it's hard to find the actual purebred birds without shipping them. Most people are selling EE as Ameraucanas, and don't get me wrong, I love my EE but I wanted some I could justify breeding.

[​IMG] My patience finally paid off, while searching Craigslist I came across someone that got hatching eggs from a breeder and was selling the day old chicks. I got 5 blue-wheaten Ameraucanas for...you're not going to believe this....$14 TOTAL (that's less than I pay for my feed store hatchery quality EE). Next time she gets eggs she's going to email me so I can get MORE, and at that price who can resist!

Good thing we're moving in the next month & a half to a place where there's no restrictions on the amount of chickens we can have... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG] They're adorable!

3. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    they are so cute [​IMG]

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Congrats!! [​IMG]

If those are Wheatens and Blue Wheatens there's a chance you'll be blown away at how richly colored their blue eggs will be [​IMG]

5. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    awesome find, next time share the love with the low prices [​IMG]

6. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! They're so light-colored! I've only had hatchery EE's so that's a revelation!

7. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    Quote:they should all be blue wheaten [​IMG]

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I don't know what lines yours are, but here's a photo to get you excited -

The egg on the top right is from a Wheaten Ameraucana (from Blue Wheaten breeding though) - Far richer in color than the other blues, which are from my other Ameraucanas and Araucanas. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Congrats! They are such cuties! [​IMG]

10. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    Same here! Been looking and looking and looking.....tried hatching out eggs....but ended up with 1 Blue Ameracauna (bantam..by accident)

BUT....I found someone online with awesome looking Ameracaunas that will SHIP CHICKS!!!! www.chickenscratchpoultry.com super nice people& chicks from William Morrow line!!!

My chicks I ordered several weeks ago should arrive next week......and I'm EXCITED TOO!![​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by