Yay! Finally hatching some eggs!(in a way...) *UPDATE!*

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Yay! We are hatching some eggs! But not in a way that you would think...
wink.png
lol.png

No, WE aren't hatching the eggs....and no, they aren't even chicken eggs! But...one of our Parakeets(my brothers') named Carla, has laid 3 eggs and she is sitting on them!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
ep.gif
pop.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
We are very excited because we have never seen baby Parakeets in real life! One of the eggs, though, has a dent in it...so we don't think it will hatch.
sad.png
But she might lay a couple more!
big_smile.png
The father's name is Stormy, and he's blue, gray, with a little black/white. Carla is mostly yellow, with green and some white. So it will be interesting to see what the babies look like!
celebrate.gif
pop.gif

The eggs are expected to hatch in the upcoming weeks(2nd week of March or longer...)

Hoping that they all(or at least most) hatch out to be beautiful little babies!
fl.gif
love.gif

I will be sure to post pics when they hatch!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Also, if anyone has some excellent/good websites on parakeet breeding or egg-laying, please feel free to tell me! I know pretty much most of the basics, but I'm trying to learn everything to know about breeding parakeets/egg laying, so if there are any problems, we will know what to do.
smile.png

This is exciting! Can't wait to post pics when they hatch! I hope I'm at my dad's house when they do hatch!
fl.gif
big_smile.png

And if anyone has had ANY experience with breeding parakeets, please give me any good advice that you have!
smile.png
Thanks!

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Carla the Parakeet has laid 2 more eggs! That means she now has 5 eggs! Yay! And she's still sitting on them.
smile.png
I wonder if she will lay any more...

Quote:
I had cockatiels and doves. my females hatched three eggs. I let her do her own thing and made sure she had food and water.

I have also hatched kill-deer eggs three and all three hatched ( I put them in the incubator with my chicken eggs.) they didn't know what they were (the chicks and the kill-deer
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Does anyone think that the egg with a dent in it will hatch? I doubt it, since bacteria might have gotten in. But it's not really an opening; it's like an indent on the shell....
idunno.gif

I will be seeing the eggs this weekend and I will update everyone on Monday/Tuesday when I get back!

Have a nice weekend everyone!
frow.gif

Quote:
I have some pretty good ones on my phone, but i can't upload them. I didn't have my camera at the time when she laid them, so I will get some this weekend hopefully.
smile.png

I need new batteries for my camera, too....
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom