1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

yay for no sleep tonight

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, Jan 23, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i have 2 muscovy ducks who broke out of their pen (in my bedroom) they are annoying when i am trying to sleep and they don't stay in the pen. i think it's time for them to go outside.

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] you'll look back & laugh !

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    and miss them driving you nuts like that!! [​IMG]

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Yep - you're going to miss this LOL
    My two are outside right now, for some reason they are loosing feathers like crazy so they cant be in the house right now. I think its the warmer weather.

5. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i probably will. i woke up every hour. i am not kidding. someone would flap their wings.. my little girl jumped on my pillow at 3:45 am and i was scared she was going to poo on me so i didn't go back to sleep till she got off lol.. then at likr 5:45 SHE PERCHED ON MY TV.. i have a 19 inch toshiba flat screen.. and she perched on it. needless to stay i am very tired today. we went to home depot and estimated about 130 to 140 we need to save for the pen. ugh. i wish i was working. but i have 34 dollars so far woo hoo.

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Dont forget to have a look on the craigslist- You might save a few $$ that way, and also save your dad a bit of work.

I know have you feel- I had 15 ducks beside my bed last night [​IMG] and had to stummble around in the dark to make hot water bottles at 1am and 4 am. So im a bit tired too.

7. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    duckyfromoz.. i did have a look on craigslist, buuut no luck. my dad can get off his butt and help me!!!!!!

we went to home depot today and the chicken wire is like almost 60 bucks. i think it's like 3 ft or 4ft tall and like 100 ft long. i have computer parts to sell and i am going to gather up alllllll my change to put into my souvenier cup i got in vegas. lol. it was once filled with a yummy margerita that took me alllll day to drink haha.

i was going to have billy sleep with me last night and i'm glad i didn't with quackers sleeping on my pillow and all lol. she's so cute. i bet she's on my pillow right now.

8. crazybarnlady

crazybarnlady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2010
    langley, BC, Canada
    I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one!!! hahaha!

9. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    haha noo me and duckyfromoz are pretty crazy hahahaha

10. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    With Regie and two eggs hatching in the front of the car- and the other 11 ducklings in the back- driving to a block of land with no power and no running water....... LOVE IT. BUt I missed my adults here at home too while I was gone..... even if it was only for 30 hours

I hate that I have just turned off my incubator and no more babies for me for another 6 months. Although I am looking foward to a nicer smelling house after this lot go outside- no more sawdust on the floor, and gtting up in the middle of the night to feed hungry quackers........

The only thing that will get me throught the next few months is knowing I will be setting twice as many eggs next season. Cant wait...... I want to know what a 30 duckling hatch will be like. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by