Yay! *happy dance*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kburen, Oct 25, 2010.

1. kburen

kburen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    If you've read any of my past posts, I've had a rough go of my attempt to hatch my (probably) EE babies. Yesterday around 5:30 PM was the start of Day 21. I didn't have any action, although after coming home from dinner while we were checking the temperature, my Fiance insisted that one of the eggs had moved since he last looked. Sure enough, when I got up this morning, I went in to check on the temp and all. Eggs looked fine, temp good, humidity a little lower than I would have liked but still acceptable (65%). I turned to start getting dressed and heard a slight pop. I didn't get excited, because the 'bator makes lots of noises like that....But I got the flashlight out to take a look, and sure enough...MY FIRST PIP! I then had to go to work and teach until 5 (URG, who works on the day they become a mommy!?!?!?). But, I came home to some progress. Slight progress, but progress none the less. A tiny part of the shell has come off and there is a little hole....along with a good bit more shell cracked and in the makings of coming off. I even made it home in time to see it push out on the shell several times!! It's resting again....But I've peeped to it and let it know that I'm here awaiting it's arrival [​IMG]

2. S*T*A*R

S*T*A*R Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    Aww!! Congrats! [​IMG]g

3. S*T*A*R

S*T*A*R Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    S*T*A*R :

Aww!! Congrats! [​IMG]g

whoops i meant [​IMG]

4. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

we will dance with you... even more when they are all fluffy!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aww congrats and good luck! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. kburen

May 19, 2008
    Thanks everyone [​IMG] (s)he is making some progress....One more larger piece of shell is almost off now! It seems to be shy, and stop poking around when I shine a light in the bator so I'm trying to peep quietly and whisper to it so it won't be scared. HEHE [​IMG]

7. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    [​IMG] It's gonna be a long night???? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ... good luck

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:X2
    [​IMG] = [​IMG]

9. tammyd57

tammyd57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Babies!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Congrats & the best of luck for a great hatch!

[​IMG]

10. kburen

May 19, 2008
    *sigh* Nothing more. I'm convinced it's dead.....That's what happened with my first try (years ago). ONE pipped, got about this far and died. My Fiance swears it was chirping at 1 (3 distinct chirps)...I got up (of course!) and didn't hear a thing.....But he insists that it was and sat next to the bator listening for 5 minutes or so before giving up. No more movement of the shell, no more nothing........It is kinda normal though right? It pipped 24 hours ago and hasn't done anything to the shell since about 6PM last night.....so about 13 hours. But again, the Fiance swears it was making noises 6 hours ago. Nothing else from any of the other 5 eggs. Getting sad....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by