YAY! Happy Day! PIC HEAVY (Sorry Dial-up)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Lanissa86, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    So about 3 weeks back I bought a girl from a friend who said she was about 10 months old and laying everyday. I bring her home and start to worry after 2 weeks of no Egg. Now its exactly 3 Weeks as of Today that I brought her home and lou and behold...her BEAUTIFUL EGG! YAY! [​IMG] I don't know if you all can see the color, the pics do it no justice, but it is a very light blue! [​IMG] I am just so thrilled!

The Egg Pics
    [​IMG]

Next to store bought white Egg for comparison

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Lady that laid the Egg (the family calls her the Ugly Chicken but I named her Biddy..

[​IMG]

She is a Laced Cornish EE cross from what I was told...

[​IMG]

2. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

beautiful egg and hen! Looks like she has warmed up to her new home!!! Good for you!![​IMG]

3. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Pretty blue eggs and hen.. [​IMG]

4. johnmayersquare

johnmayersquare Let's Talk About Chicks, Man!

Nov 17, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

5. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I love the color! I can't get over it. Didn't expect such a "blue" color from her! In fact, I had no idea what color Egg she was going to lay! The guy said he was not sure what color Egg she was laying but could be any color from browns to tinted or greenish! Well looks SKY BLUE to me! YAY! [​IMG] I love my chicken, even if she is "unique" or "ugly" or whatever anyone wants to call her! lol [​IMG]

6. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    She is beautiful and so are her eggs, thanks for sharing the pics. I got my first egg from one of my EE's Wednesday. She laid it in the nestbox, but now she insists on laying in our garage. [​IMG]

Your's is really pretty, I love her red on the chest.

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Congratulations!!! I don't think she is ugly at all, I think she is quite lovely! And what a bonus to get those gorgeous eggs!!!! [​IMG]

8. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    YAY! 2nd Egg Today! And this one is a more Green Color! [​IMG] I am happy with my girl, glad I picked her! Thanks for the comments!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by