Yay!! He's weakening

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ChickenChik, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ChickenChik

ChickenChik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    I think my hubby is giving in to ducks. We were looking at a large dog house tonight and he said "that would make a really good duck house" YAY!!!!

2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

lol congrats. I just say sneak 'em in and he'll melt for sure at day old fuzzy butted ducklings. - lol can't say no to cute sweet innocent babies. [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I am so used to seeing people asking for help with a weak duck...I was confused by the YAY!! at the front of the topic....[​IMG]

But now realise that it so fantastic that you only meant your hubby... Maybe you can try a little extra persuasion with the mention of how yummy duck eggs can be!!

4. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    [​IMG] That is awsome! My poor hubby just had four little ducklings show up with a chick order... I was like "Hmmm, IDK where those came from... [​IMG] Weird. I mean, they said there would be a free rare chick, but this is weird." [​IMG]

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:[​IMG] they are deformed chicks dear...yes poor things look at the beaks. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:x2

I thought.........hmmmm there is something different! [​IMG]

7. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:[​IMG] they are deformed chicks dear...yes poor things look at the beaks. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poor flat beak chicks [​IMG]

And their poor toes, all stuck together!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  8. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That would be me right there! I can't tell you how many times I brought something home as a kid, teenager, and even now and had an exaggeration on where or how I got it.

"poor little things, man isn't that a case of flat foot! "

9. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Around here,
    and he said "that would make a really good duck house"

, that would mean. You have ordered them? When are they coming? Should we get one (dog house) now or can it wait? What else do we need to get?

I ordered my chicks, then told my DH that he needed to have a brooder house built in 3 weeks, that would give him time to plan out a hen house. In the mean time, hurricanes were forming, so we hurried up and turned my little greenhouse into a brooder house.

No, your husband, definately said to get them. Even my DH agrees.​

10. ChickenChik

ChickenChik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    Hahaha!! Well we made a little bit of money last night selling a couple chickens and he gave me the money because I took care of them!! He then said "spend on what you want". Hahaha (evil laugh)!! Ducks are in my near future. Yay!!! He then said "I'm not gonna tell you not to" hahahahaha yay!!!! I love my soft hearted hubby!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by