Yay, home with my new pair.

SunBaked

Songster
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Southwest
I picked up my new pair today
big_smile.png
. It was a bit of a drive but worth it. They are about 2-3 years old and I think both IB. They seem to be getting along so far and boy were my ladies happy to see him.

We got a quite a few looks driving with them:

Here they are checking each other out after the trip. I think I will call him Raj and she will be Jane like my other 3 IB peahens that I can't tell apart. I just call em The Janes:
88718_birdpics_039.jpg

He will be happy, he has 4 IB peahens, 1 BS peahen and a white peahen (I'm pretty sure the white one is a girl anyway):
88718_birdpics_036.jpg

What will the babies of a BS girl and an IB boy be? 50% chance to be BS? How about white hen and IB boy? I'm still totally lost when it comes to how the diff colors work.

Wowzer they are gorgeous..and your boy is so stunning..

What u mean ...lmao, driving with some colorful..can make people crash their cars..hehehehe staring and trying to figure out what u have in there..

Enjoy...

I may have been wrong about your BS being a male but you do have IB I am sure of it.
WOW he is B-E-A-U-tiful congrats, LOL wannabchick that would have caused me to crash, mainly because I would have been thinking of a way to rob you haha.
Also what size of a pen do you keep your peafowl in?

White and black shoulder are recessive so for the most part they will look like India Blues the only major difference is that the white hen's chicks will have some white wing feathers.

C&Rman :

I may have been wrong about your BS being a male but you do have IB I am sure of it.
WOW he is B-E-A-U-tiful congrats, LOL wannabchick that would have caused me to crash, mainly because I would have been thinking of a way to rob you haha.
Also what size of a pen do you keep your peafowl in?

Your too funny..heheheh​

Thank you guys
smile.png
. The best thing is all they cost was $40 in gas. The lady who gave them to me was so sweet. They were her friends who passed away and she already had a pair so she couldn't keep them.

It was an eventful drive that's for sure. Saw a motorcycle overturned with a casualty out in the middle of nowhere. Just 1 policeman there all alone waiting beside it. Very sad.
sad.png
sad.png

My pen is 20 by 30ish now. Will it be big enough for a few months? Should I take out my 2 yearling peahens? We are slowly getting everything together for one 80 by 80ish. It's about half built now. We're turning an old cow/goat pen into an aviary type thing. Still needing more stuff for it though. That reminds me, where do you guys get your netting at?

I can't wait for them to lay some eggs. One of my Jane's I know is a sitter because she hatched my 2 yearlings that the other 2 Janes laid. I switched her to a new pen though so I hope she finds a new nest spot she likes.

Quote:
I bought my netting from www.ebay.com 80x80 is huge you are so lucky. I know I am getting my first actual tamed pair of peafowl on Friday
celebrate.gif

I just built their little wood shelter it is an 8'x8' so that should be a big enough shelter for 2 peafowl maybe 12 if I really get into peafowl haha

Wow, just checked out the netting on ebay and it's not as expensive as I thought it'd be. I may have my new pen sooner than I thought. I can't wait. It will have a pond in the middle of it with some Koi fish. I want to do like MinxFox did with the supports being crosses so they can roost on them. The pheasant pens will be hooked up to it and there will be a pen to hold the peafowl so I can let the pheasants out every other day or maybe a few hours a day.

I'm excited for you C&Rman! Good luck waiting for Friday, I hope the time goes by quick for you. Lucky you getting tamed ones. Mine are hands off, they are happy to let me close to them as long as I don't touch. I want to hatch a few of their eggs in the incubator to hand raise them and let them hatch the rest on their own.

Back
Top Bottom