Yay! Hubby promised new coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BFeathered, Mar 30, 2009.

1. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Hubby has designated Easter weekend to work on the new coop. He drew up plans with my specs for a small coop and run area--
    4x4 feet coop and 10x10 fenced run (with solar powered zapper). I only want some feathers, fun and eggs, so I'm only planning 4 or so standards in the coop. Now to furnish the area with birds! I'd like a Langshans, but they're scarce here in N Tex, but I'm checking around. I'll post pics as we progress, but suffice to say I'm stoked! I'm not sure DD thinks this is a reality yet after the last dog debacle, but I know she'll be bonkers when she realizes that Daddy is serious! (Now.... how do I get one of those blue orps I've been seeing here...?) We don't want to show, just spoil 'em, enjoy the eggs and antics and lower the snob factor in this great 'burb we live in. BTW..... I'm Baaaaaaack! (hehehe, beware all ye BYC'ers!)

2. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Well since your run is big enough for 10, why not make a coop big enough for 10. You may say you're only getting 4, but you will want more!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by