YAY!!! I got Seramas today... But... UPDATE!!!!:-)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cthrash1, Jul 17, 2008.

1. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Picked up my seven 5-6 wk old Seramas today, got them out of the box and into the bin in the garage and 2 escaped before I got the lid on...Caught one but can't find the other one. I am so upset now and worried that he will get into mouse poison we have hidden here and their. I'm thinking that maybe it snuck out of the garage when we put the trash out, but then theres another thing to worry about. My DD and I have looked everywhere we can think to look and made a bunch of noise hoping to scare him but I think we made him so scared that he's afraid to move or make a noise. This is so frustrating!

GUESS WHO WAS STANDING BY THE CAGE THIS MORNING!!!! I caught him and put him in with his friends. I am so happy he didn't get outside, was really worried about him.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  2. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Oh man, that is tough! Have you tried putting out food and sitting quietly (depending on how much time you have on your hands)?

3. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Yes but is a big garage with lots of hiding spaces. It's scaring us because he hasn't chirped or anything since we've been out there [garage]. We've also looked outside and in the house but still nothing. I would hate for us to find it too late and it overheat.

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I'm betting when he gets hungry and cold, he'll start peeping. Hope you find him!

5. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Try putting the other chicks into something they can see through, then put them at one end of the garage. The lost one should hear the siblings and naturally want to be with them. Sight and sound are important when trying to draw the lost one with this method. Sit away from the chicks and be very quiet and see if he comes out once he hears his siblings alive and well.

-Kim

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  6. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Thank you guys so much for your advice. We put the rest of the seramas in an open 30 x 30 rabbit cage and we are going to leave them like that through the rest of the night. It has a tray dropped down from it that he can fit in to if he hopefully decides to come out. Thanks again for everyone's help!

7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    What Wolf-Kim said worked for me when I had a little banty pullet get out (outside). I left her buddies out there in a secure cage and she came back and I was able to get her back in.

Her flockmates eating is also an enticement for her to come back. Good luck! I hope she gets back safe and sound.

8. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Thank again for all of the excellent advice...It worked!!!! [​IMG]

9. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Quote:Great! [​IMG]

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger