, YAY!!! I have a silkie egg pipping!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MagsC, Oct 31, 2008.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I am not going to be on here very long but I am SO excited!!!!! I have a silkie egg from SundownWaterfowl pipping! And the little bugger is peeping up a storm. I am SO keeping my fingers crossed. So far no others are pipping but my temps were at 99/100 so maybe they were delayed just a bit. LOL, Halloween baby, a white one according to whats on the egg, any ideas what to name it if it hatches?
    I will be back on later. Send hatching vibes![​IMG]

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    [​IMG]

Waiting with ya!

[​IMG] silkies...

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Good luck, hope you have a good hatch !! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dont forget pics !!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Bandana

Bandana Chillin' With My Peeps

How about, Boo?

5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well, the silkie is still in the egg but one of the EE/silkie cross eggs I got from KellyHM is zipped and out!! I think the peeping from the other egg encouraged him,lol,because that was FAST! I am leaving him in the hatcher for now because I dont want to open it while the hatch is going on, but what a precious baby!
    Going offline again but will be back on later tonight to update.

6. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Congratulations! WOOT!!

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well, the silkie egg is being SLOW but two more of the silkie mixes I got from KellyHM are pipped and working their way out! I am keeping my fingers crossed on everyone else.
    Lots of peeping going on.[​IMG]
    Oh and I am brain dead, I cant see it real well from here but I think the silkie egg just says silkie on it. I dont know WHY I thought I saw a W???? See what happens when I quickly turn them 3 times a day, only candle a couple of times and now shine the flashlight in to see what progress is being made because I refuse to open the bator at least until sometime tomorrow????
    I didnt pay as much attention to the writing as I might have. My mistake.[​IMG]

8. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    One silkie, two silkie mixes out and another silkie mix almost out.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    So far from the one hatch, five babies. One reddish blonde colored, one silvery blonde colored, one black/blonde, one grey/black and one black with a tophat.[​IMG]
    I have more silkie mix eggs due today so we will see what happens.
    Truth be told, this is the best I have done as far as eggs. Maybe all the practice.Sigh. Though I am sure I dont have it down to an exact science yet!

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:We call all our white silkie babies either 'fluffy' or 'chickie poo', can't tell the little boogers apart!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by