YAY!!!! I Have A Silkie Egg!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by luvmychickas, Sep 26, 2009.

1. luvmychickas

luvmychickas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Mr. Stud Muffin Rooster Boy did his "business" with one of my pullets yesterday, this morning, I found an egg!! I know its the same pullet because all afternoon she was trying to lay her first egg [​IMG] Since Silkie eggs are so small, I said what the heck and put it in the bator [​IMG] I don't know if its fertile but I figured I would give it a try [​IMG] I did that with my pekin's egg and its developing beautifully [​IMG] I am sooo excited!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mk4lh

mk4lh Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2009
    Swanzey
    congrats:)

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

My 2 silkie hens lay an egg every day, rarely missing. I have two roosters, and still they are not fertile. Good luck to you!

4. Zoomom

Zoomom Certified Cackleberry Consumer

Jan 22, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    That's good news! How old is your girl and what colour is her egg? I heard they have a pale cream egg. Is that true?

5. luvmychickas

luvmychickas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Thanks guys!! Unfortunately, I didn't notice yesterday there was a small crack in it, but what better way to find out if he is fertile?? Well there it was a big bullseye!!!! YAY!! So the next one is going in!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by