YaY!! I just scored!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Jencleg, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Jencleg

Jencleg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Jasper
    I just found a 10x10x6 dog kennel off of CL for $65!! [​IMG] I need advice though...I already (1) 6x4x4 kennel at home....I need ideas on if & how I might could attach them to each other to make more room for their run? I know the heights would be different but I could wire them together somehow?? ....any ideas?? Thanks!! [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Congrats on the great find.
    You can buy clamps to attach the panels together at the hardware store. I think you could turn all the panels to be 6 ft tall. Be careful where the rounded corners come together. A few weeks ago I watched a possum lie on it's back and wiggle through the corner of the run. Also chickens can get through some small spaces.

Imp

3. pawsplus

pawsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Middle TN
    DARN YOU!!! I'm on the hunt for a second one myself and have had no luck!

Yes, you can get the clamps at Lowes, Home Despot, etc. I have hardware cloth patches on the corners for the very reason Imp cautions against. Also all around the door, and an apron as well (extending 2 feet up the sides and staked in 2 feet along the ground.

[​IMG]

Congrats! I hope I find a new one soon. I, too, am planning to connect the new one to the existing one.

4. Jencleg

Jencleg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Jasper
    Quote:LOL! Sorry!! I think the only reason I scored this one was because the ad was very non descript & the man selling it was a bit cantankerous! [​IMG] Fine by me though...but I WILL NOT (yet) brag since I have not seen it yet due to his camera is broken....I have never bought anything on CL and he said it was in near new condition, but I know how that can go!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by