YAY!!! Just got my first chicks EVER!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dang Chick, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Dang Chick

Dang Chick New Egg

Oct 2, 2013
    East Texas
    JUST joined!! I just got my very first chicks!! My husband knew I wanted chickens for the last 2 years, ( we have a small ranch in east Texas and raise quarter horses - and it seems we collect speckled dogs now too!) - yesterday was my birthday, so he came home with 38 chicks :-0 !! - 25 Buff Orps and 13 Ameraucanas! He ALWAYS goes overboard!! This is going to be a fun adventure though, I'm very excited about my little chicks! Now for the coop design and build - fortunately for me, he is a general contractor that designs and builds custom log homes, so hopefully he will come up with a fabulicious coop for our new little 'chicks'! He has already named it and drawn the front out to look like an old saloon ( or brothel! ). Looking forward to many wonderful, witty, and informative chats with everyone!! My education has begun!!

2. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined.

3. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    Hello and welcome.[​IMG]Congratulations on your new chicks.Would love to see pics of the new build when you get started.

4. Dang Chick

Dang Chick New Egg

Oct 2, 2013
    East Texas
    I will post it! He builds like he 'chicken shops' - he always goes overboard!! It was just an excuse for him to build something fun, he's so excited about the coop, and I am excited about my little chicks! These are my first ones, but he has raised Cornish chickens in the past. My BFF has already put her request in for a custom coop and several of my chickens - when they are older, looks like all of my buddies will get into the chicken raising fun too, one of us just had to jump in feet first! Thanks for the 'welcomes'!

5. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]My favorite packages are the ones that peep!!!!!!!

Glad you joined us!
    Caroline

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] sounds like fun at your place. I would love to see the coop also.

7. aliciasimon

aliciasimon Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2013
    Congrats!! I am new to raising chickens too and I love it. It's even more fun than I thought it would be. Can't wait to see the pics of the coop your husband is building.

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by