Yay!! maybe too soon to tell but I think viability

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by carinlynchin, Feb 18, 2009.

1. carinlynchin

carinlynchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    I put in 3 sebastopol eggs on the 13th at night. Yesterday I tried to candle because it was driving me crazy not knowing if they were viable or not. Tonight I tried one last time and told myself no more until day 9. Out of three it looks like two are definite yes's on development...I was scared at first, goose eggs are not easy to see thru, and I thought it was a blood ring...but then realized it wasn't an O shape but like the lines split at the top and at the bottom.....if you were to draw two circles side by side, touching at one point (which is the little dot/ embryo) then I realized that had to be veining.....

I am so excited...but that doesn't mean its over yet...i know...but just knowing that they are developing...that at least I am doing soemthing right to begin with....

man...another 26 days is not going to go by fast....see I am only taking one class from home and don't work....so I think about it constantly....hopefully I will be joining a gym and getting out of the house with my son, this might help the time pass by....my biggest fear is losing all three...if only I can get one...I'd be happy...hopefully female too....

the other egg....well I just really couldn't tell. I am going to have to wait until sunday to check it . I fear its no good and I am afraid to leave it in there and make the others quit, but I'd hate if I opened it and saw a tiny embryo also....any suggestions?

2. Mom2Cool

Mom2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    ok I was candling just last week and it was brown eggs & they[re SO hard to see through the shells & they just looked like big ole blobs and I'd thought while I was candling that the shell had lines of dirt & such. Well they weren't lines of dirt but I realized "those are tiny viens running through the bottom. And then I saw 1 of the blobs move.. And isn't it funny that when you see something you then spend the rest of the time questioning "did I really see that"? I just had 2 pips & I'm still not sure the blobs really moved [​IMG]

3. clayhillcouple

clayhillcouple Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2009
    Middleburg Florida
    Pip-Pip hooray!!!

4. carinlynchin

carinlynchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    well i checked today (day 5) and definitely 2 have veins and the other I can't see anything so I am going to wait longer....ITs killing me...I wish it was already march 15th... [​IMG]

carine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by