1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

YAY my eggs arrived in the mail today

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by davekrista, Sep 29, 2010.

1. davekrista

davekrista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    YAY, I'm so excited. I ordered 6 pekin duck eggs from bargain over the weekend and they arrived about 30 min ago. I can't wait to put them in the incubator, I'm so excited. This will be my first real hatch. AND they ALL arrived in 1 piece. Not one of them were broken. YAY. Thanks Nancy!!!!

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Nancy wraps things really well, doesn't she! Excellent packing! I have had two sets of eggs she shipped, and have another to come soon.

Good luck on your Pekin ducks! Don't forget to let those eggs "rest" overnight before putting them in the ready incubator.

3. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    overnight? I thought it was 8 hours? I was planning on putting in about 12 midnight right before i went to bed?

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Hmmm, perhaps some other, more experienced and knowledgable Incubatin' & Hatchin' folks can chime in on this, with the correct answer. I "learned" shipped eggs should rest about 12 hours. It was probably told to me as "8 to 12" hours, so you're most likely correct.

Didn't mean to stifle your enthusiasm!

5. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    No worries, I just want to make sure I do the right thing since its my first hatch. I think it was Nancy that told me 8 hours. I will have to go back and read her email. Maybe she did sa 8-12hours. I will definately go and double check the email before I put in the incubator. And you didn't stifle my enthusiasm, I'm still excited, but nervous since its my first. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by