YAY! My males are getting a nice new home!

happyhens44

BroodyAddict
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Northern WI
I posted on craigslist " Pekin ducks $10 each" and someone called, and she wants them for her sister, Because her female's mate died and now the females lonely and its starting to act like a chicken and so she want to suprise her sister. I have 2 but shes getting them both because she diddent want the males to be seperated since there best friend, Or someone else of craigslist looking to butcher them, so she wants them both. Im glad they arnt going to get butchered
big_smile.png

That's great news Happy.

I do worry for the new owner's duck (and her chickens) with 2 randy boys around though! Hope she also thinks about getting a few more girls to go with them.
wink.png

Thats wonderful! I have a similar story. I have a Dellie Rooster that I needed to find a home for. I put him on craigslist and a guy called today and is going to pick him up tomorrow. He will have 14 girls.

Oh sweet
smile.png

I think this spring she will get more females. I dont worry, Because My 2 boys only have 1 mallard girl (im not willing to get more ducks, Only if I get the guts to hatch some) which me only having 1 female is part of the reason im getting rid of them, well only one of my males mate her. And he doesnt do it to often, Hes not mean eiter Shes got all the feathers on her neck, Healthy.

Quote:
Oh and my ducks are raised around chickens, the ducks mind there own buisness. Ever since my boys where 3 weeks old they have been raised with the chickens. I have 4 ducks, 3 males and 1 female. Well I wanted the 2 pekin males to go since theres to many males. And my male mallard has to be in his own seperate area. I figured once the pekins leave ill put my male mallard with her. and this spring I "might let her brood" if she does go broody. My male mallard is such a handsome little fellow
love.gif
hes in love with the female mallard.
smile.png
so im sure he will be excited to see the pekins go,and have Gurtrude (her name) to himself
lol.png

Last edited:
That's great! I do hope, though, she will either get some more females or keep the males separated if they get too rough.

Ducky, one of the ducks I mention a lot around here who is a wild drake at our lake, grew up with an unrelated brother and sister pair. Even though they're all about six months old now, they stick together. Sure, the two males fight now and then, but they still stay close and the sister duck likes Ducky as a mate.

Thanks! I try to name them based on their personality or physical appearance. With him, I would always just call him Ducky when I saw him. He was alone a lot when he was small (except for his mom), so I would go up and say "hi little Ducky" and he would come up to me. Now, when I call his name, he swims away, lol. For a while I called him the "lost duckling" because he disappeared for a while.

Were suppose to have nice weather here in the next couple days,high 30's. So Wednesday I figure it will be warmer enough for them to take a bath, and get super pretty for there new home! before the ladies take them, Ill tell her, her sister might want to get more females. (she might have more females im not sure... She just told me the female lost her mate. ) but ill still suggest.) Im Sooo excited! as soon as I get home from school, they should be there thuresday 4 pm. Ill have to make sure my males get here good- byes and tell them to treat the ladies right!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom