YAY!!! My New Super Coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Starwalker Fallen Angel, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Starwalker Fallen Angel

Starwalker Fallen Angel Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG] Finally, after 5 years of struggling with this coop and struggling with another...my hubby gave in a got me a SUPER COOP. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These are the pics of it where it's at. The previous owners made it for small dogs but it will work very well for my chickens. The last pic is of a run idea except we are putting a full roof over the run area and attaching it to the building. The coop is 12 X 40. There's 10 coops on each side inside and there will be 10 runs on each side outside. I've had to wait for delivery because of this cold muddy weather but as soon as it gets warm and dry enough it'll be here.[​IMG]

It's been a killer waiting on a break in weather.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Very Nice!

3. Starwalker Fallen Angel

Thank you.[​IMG]
    I forgot to add it's heated and cooled. No more worry about frozen birds or the heat here in the South. I just wish it was here now because it's down to 11 degrees with a 14 below wind chill.[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Kung Foo Chicken

Kung Foo Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Judging by all the breeds at the bottom in your sig. you'll need that. Wow I am so jealous! [​IMG]

5. Starwalker Fallen Angel

lmao. It's a lot of work.[​IMG] I actually need two buildings but this property would handle it. I'm strapped for space after this building. Hubby says in the spring I get a small building to the incubator and brooders.[​IMG] I don't think he appreciates the incubator in our master bath.[​IMG]

6. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    WOWOWOWOW!! Lucky you!!!! [​IMG]

7. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Wow, you're my hero! Can your husband talk to my husband?

8. Starwalker Fallen Angel

[​IMG] I can but it took my husband 5 years![​IMG]

9. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Then we better get them talking pronto! [​IMG]

10. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

I can but it took my husband 5 years!

[​IMG]I can relate....it took my hubby a couple of years , too...but by golly ..when he set his mind to it ...I got a great coop!! Gotta love them hubbys! [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by