YAY new baby hatched updated and new question?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gabrielle1976, May 2, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Shellyd2008 you have a baby , well of course you had a baby when the button hatched to , mr pathetic is a bit perker now but still not looking that grate he looks the same now then he did when he hatched a few days ago his fluff isnt fully fluffy he still staggers around like a new baby and he barely eats or drinks, and he had a sezure like epasode a few minutes ago though perked up right after.
    Anyways the egg that hatched was the white one with the pointer pointy end then the rest of the eggs. And just looked a little diffrent , YOu probly dont remmber lol you probly handle a hundred eggs a week .
    I have 3 more pipps as well.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Congrads!

3. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Five babies out now , and one egg rocking 3 more not doing anything yet.
    I have a question about colors , the first baby that hatched looks completly sivler graish? [​IMG] in the picture I took he looks gray but in normal light he is silver gray ish.

[​IMG]

Sorry I know its pretty bad picture quaility but my camra phone isnt that grate. The baby button is in with him .

anyways is there a silver gray color type or is it blue or what does anyone know?

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:If it was a bigger than most egg (some of them were pretty tiny!), then I for sure know whose egg it was!! It was Xiang Jiao, my little splash OEGB hen [​IMG] Here she is with her brood last fall.....
    [​IMG]

ETA: It is most definitely blue, but only time will tell if it is true blue. It's most likely fathered by a silver sebright mixed roo, so I don't know what color would come out of that. But since mama is 'pure' blue (carries 2 blue genes), then the baby would get at least one blue gene from her, so it will be blue. [​IMG]

ETA again: What I mean by true blue is that if the roo's coloring has anything like birchen or something, if that baby is a roo, it could have some birchen colors on it. I have some roos running around the yard that are blue with birchen coloring on their necks and backs [​IMG]

5. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    baby came from a white slightly larger egg with a much more pointy end then the rest of the eggs if that means anything,
    we have six babies now , I had to help the last one out the humidity droped last night a little and he zipped into a blood viessle or somthing last night and when the blood dried it looks like it glued him to part of the shell with his wing, It was obvious from the color of the membrane that there was something wrong so I finished zipping for him and wet his wing down where it was stuck and he popped right out of the top part and I put him sitting in the bottom in the bator Ill check on him in a bit , but if loudness is any sign he is fine [​IMG]
    Nothing from the other 3 eggs so far , no movement no peeping no pipping , but if I get 6 out of 9 shipped chicken eggs I wont be disapointed they are cute little buggers Ill take a pic of all of them as soon as this one dries.

Last edited: May 3, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by