1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yay, new chicks!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bangor777, Jun 1, 2008.

1. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    I got a call from blue seal this morning and they had extra barred rocks and SLW!! I'm overrun with babies right now, but who can resist? I got three for myself (2 BR, 1 SLW) and 8 for another member who lives near me (jennyhaschicks). They are sooooooooooooo cute. One had a tad of pasty butt, but it cleaned up easily and hasn't recurred. We named them springy, otis and Maggie. (we have a camp on springypond in otis, me) that brings me up to 24 little ones of various ages...I've really got to stop!!!
    [​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Congrats on your new babies!!! Post some pics of them. [​IMG]

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    congratulations!

4. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Ha Lori.
    We can't name ours because to us right now they all look the same. Dh told me today this is it for a while and I am only at 16 chicks. We'll see.

Thanks once again.

5. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Jenny,
    Since we only had two of the BRs we named the one with the small headspot otis and the one with big headspot springy. The SLW was easy. Aren't they cute?
    I tried to put them in with my 8 silkie bantams (just over 2 weeks old). The bantams were fine with it but those dang RIR roosters did not like it at all. Just placed a free ad in the paper for them. They're so sweet but I can't take that many roos and they're already protective of their 'girls'. Last time I listed roos I had literally 15 calls, lets see if I get the same response now.
    Lori

6. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Good luck getting rid of your RIRs.

I put my BRs with my one month olders this afternoon and they were all fine. I don't intend to keep them all together, but their introduction when well a tleast.

What did your dh think of the newest babies?

7. lovinthechickens

lovinthechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    northern SD county, CA
    Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by