yay!!! now i only have to wait until february, dangit!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sdshoars, Oct 20, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i just called in an order to ideal...

3 welsummers
    3 barnevelders
    3 speckled sussex
    5 buff orps
    5 barred rock
    6 blue silkies

my husband thinks i am crazy! thats on top of the dozen bbs orps and dozen wheaten amer. eggs i am getting! i won't get to keep all of them, i have to sell all my extras, but i wish they hatched all breeds all year round... then i wouldnt have to wait until february!!! ARGHHH!!!!!

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I made myself wait until march until i get my chicks or eggs. Too bad you live so far away from me or i would get some of your surplus chicks.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have a sneaking suspicion you will find someone right here to help take those extra's off your hands....

4. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    haha! i think i wont have tooooo much trouble getting rid of the extras, but if there is someone from southern nv or southern ut who wants some babies, you just let me know!!! i can also add to the order if you want something else, which would just KILL me!!! haha, i really wanted to order some cochins, and i still might, but i think i am already in trouble. i also thought of sneaking a turkey poult in there.... *sigh* i love me some fuzzy butts.

5. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    The whole waiting thing is what made me get the sexlinks. I really want some leghorn but I dont want to wait. Maybe after I have gotten these that I am expecting from Ideal to the laying stage I might go ahead and get some that I have to wait months for. My goal is to get 1 million eggs a day (not really). I would like about 6 dozen a day though so I can become a millionaire!!!!!

Congradulations on your order and may your wait be pleasant.

6. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i am kinda glad i have to wait, cuz its gets real cold here during the winter, and i dont want a million dollar heating bill, just to get my 6 million eggs!!! haha, i told dh we would end up with about 15 chickens (we already have 5)... so yeah right. its more like double that, but i think he loves me enough!

7. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Quote:Ah, I didnt see the "Nevada" part. Yeah, I can see the wait being an advantage to ya. Some are saying its going to be a bad winter nationwide. Global warming, hmmph.

8. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    yeah the winters are crappy- i used to live in houston, actually katy, but same difference... to go from that to this sucks,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by