Yay Our New Chicks!!! PIC's (WoW Deja vu) added 2 - had to! :)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by barg, Jun 14, 2007.

1. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    After a false start... here are our New Golden Laced Wyandotte and EE. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We're pretty confident this time that it really is a glw.
    The "imposter GLW" EE was returned to the feed store.
    Frankly he was just a blob anyway, the one with the personality is the one we decided to keep.
    Everyone in the family is happy with the chicks we ended up with.
    .. and in case you didnt notice, my kids have decided they want to get in on the chicken board action so, look out!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    awww. cute picks [​IMG]

3. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Those are such cute little fuzzy wuzzies!! In the second pic, the one in front is the EE, right?

Ellen

4. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    [​IMG] on the kids!

I won't show my son this board (anytime soon!), I'd never get a chance myself on the computer!

5. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    Quote:Yup The EE is in front in both pics.

Quote:Fortunately we have two computers , 3 if you count the one in the garage haha

Btw I should mention:
    Anyone in the greater seattle area, thats looking for golden laced wyandotes, EE's, Silver spangled hamburgs-I belive, and a few other breeds, Iron horse in maple vally has them atm.
    But if you go there, know what you want and know exactly what they look like cause they are all mixed together in a bin [​IMG]

They were very understanding about my return.
    I brought a photo with me of a glw chick to be sure

6. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I guess the slate grey legs on the other lil chickie were a dead giveaway if your not a rookie like me. I think the coloring can be pretty similar, so no harm, no fowl. [​IMG]

So..the other one was a "blob"??? [​IMG][​IMG]

Glad you were able to get your GLW, she sure is a cutie, and so is the other EE. Now you got me wantin the chickies again...sigh...

7. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    Maple vally Wa. is sooo close to Nebraska, jump in yer car and head to the feed store.

Btw where is Nebraska [​IMG]

8. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    lol

That reminds me...when they were routing Katrina victims to different places, they sent some here.

They had an article in the paper, and the people relocated laugh about it now, but they said...when they first asked where they were going and were told "Nebraska", they asked "Is that in the United States?" [​IMG][​IMG]

9. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

I deleted all the posts that had the chick I returned to the feed store, but I do wana say thanks to those who helped me both before, and after my initial purchase [​IMG]

And for posterity, Iv'e decided to post this pic as a warning to others who are Not looking for an easter egger.
    [​IMG]
    The Green Leg give away!

This little gal will be missed, even though we still have an EE with way more personality then she ever did, and another chick that will be much better looking then this one will ever think of being.[​IMG]
    I hope she finds a good home.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  10. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Had to add these two, late. (cause late is when I have more time to kill [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by