YAY!! Rare breed eggs hatching!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Wolf-Kim, May 3, 2008.

1. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    I woke up about 30 minutes ago to some serious peeping. Usually I can sleep through something like that, but this one little peeper sounded like it was a week or two old and announcing to the world it's arrival. Still is, the little girl( [​IMG] ) has got some lungs to her.

LOL. I had to research pictures of a Mottle Java, because they look far different than what I expected. She ( [​IMG] ) is almost all white with just a few black points on her. Turns out that's what she( [​IMG] ) is suppose to look like. Go figure, that a breed that is mostly black would hatch out mostly white. [​IMG]

I've got several other pips, and a couple zipping(right?). Oh I'm so excited, this clutch is going to be Silver Grey Dorkings and Mottled Javas.

Oh, I'm so excited. I lost the large(!) majority of my earlier hatches this year due to incorrect temps from incorrect thermometers, but candling has led me to believe that all the eggs are now dark and healthy.

Wish the little guys well! It's the start to my breeding program, I need them happy, healthy and strong! And we all know how fragile the little things are.

[​IMG] She is still peeping at different levels(mostly loud) and in different patterns. It almost sounds like I hatched out a song bird and not just a heritage chick. LOL

-Kim

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Congrats [​IMG]

4. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    congrats!

5. OzarkCountryGirl

OzarkCountryGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Ozark Highlands
    Woo-Hoo! Congrats! [​IMG]
    You'll have to post pics as soon as they are dry and fluffy. [​IMG]

6. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Come on little chickies, hatch out strong and healthy [​IMG]

7. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Congrat to you I am just as excited for you LOL. I will be getting my silver dorking eggs on May 10th I found a lady 1 hour away and she is charging me $2. a dozen I am just over the moon to of found them and then to also get such a great price on the eggs was a bonus.

Off track sorry congrats to you and happy hatching

8. mylovelyladies

mylovelyladies Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2008
    Fun! We want pics!

9. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

ooo, hooray for you!

I have a bator full of Mottled Javas, and I'm so pleased with what I saw when I candled last night. They were shipped from quite a ways, too.

Can't wait to see pics!!

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] PICTURES [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by