1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yay, some chicks of different ages combined :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hd_darcy, Jun 6, 2011.

1. hd_darcy

hd_darcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Well, I accidentally allowed my new tiny chicks to hang out with my 4 week old d'uccle. I attempted to separate the brooder tonight w/ a piece of cardboard, and then went off to put my son to bed. I came back and my babies had slipped between a crack to go hang out with the 4 week-old. Amazingly, they seem to be doing fine! I actually had introduced them like 15 minutes earlier and my big one pecked on them too much for my liking (like three times). So I quickly separated them. Well, she seems to be accepting them just fine now! I'm so so so happy. Of course I will keep a close eye on her, and make sure it stays that way. But, so far so good [​IMG] I would be thrilled if they could stay together. Less work for me, and then my solo chick will have her own clique of chickens to hang out with when they are introduced to the rest of the flock.

2. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    It's nice to hear a happy integration story. I'm glad to hear you will continue to keep a close eye on them. Hopefully, everything will continue to go well. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by