YAY!!!!! thanks to all for help

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Rach4, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Rach4

Rach4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2016
    Australia
    Big thank you to all for your help and advice, today we had our first hatchling/s! It's our very first with Baby chicks, Mum is clucking away and Dad announced it very loud and clear.....mind you setting off the rest of the roosters around the neighbourhood. We are yet to know how many have hatched, but their was definatley a tiny little black head pop up chirping it's little heart out! So happy and excited considering what we had to do to help get her over the line for at least one bubs so a very big thanks to all for advice and kind words YAY!!!!

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Congrats!

There's nothing like watching a broody hen raise her chicks [​IMG]

3. Rach4

Aug 31, 2016
    Australia
    Thanks I know it's only a chicken (so I am told often lol), but I am proud of her and Bubba, we endured flooding, extreme frost and 2am fixer moments due to leaks in the roof of the coop, cats trying to steal eggs and magpie attacks, none of this has happened in the 2years we have owned the little tackers, but all very worth while to see the happy parents.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Tell those folks.....

It's a Chicken Thing. You wouldn't understand.

Then come here and tell us all about it!

5. Rach4

Aug 31, 2016
    Australia
    LOL my first pet was a chicken, and I highly recommend to those who need a unique personality pet, a chicken! I have just had a peek and we have 2 little gems, not sure about the other ones as I know she laid them after she started sitting, we will watch and wait another 4-5days and make sure everyone and every egg is sufficiently taken care of, thanks Hun for positive comments/thoughts

6. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    [​IMG] Mary

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by