YAY!!!The peeper FINALLY hatched!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cthrash1, Jun 12, 2008.

1. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Although it is flip flopping everywhere trying to stand up...This is going to take a while too isn't it? Oh and what is that button looking thing below it's toosh? Sorry...I'm just sooo excited I thought it had given up. Now lets hope the other 3 hatch(also due today)...No pips so far and I haven't seen rocking in a couple of days...Hope they're okay, This new one is trying so hard to stand that it has bumped the other 3 into new positions. Hope it doesn't mess up their equilibrium.

2. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    congratulations!!!! My first hatch was just about amonth ago now....very egg-citing! i hope that you have many more hatch!

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    It's very normal what your chick is doing...just like any other baby animal thats been born. he has hatched and getting his sea legs under him....he is tired from all that work....

That button thing is where his yolk sac is being absorbed....

4. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Quote:[​IMG] Thanks I hope so too...These 4 eggs were the only ones to develope out of 12 from an order I bought off of Ebay. I also have 2 silkie eggs in the bator due next Friday for a neighbor boy...Don't have to worry about them not getting turned during this hatching as the new peeper is rolling them for me.

5. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Quote::DAnd thanks to you too I wasn't too sure about the button thing...or the chick looking like it was drunk(J/K).

6. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    On my first hatch, I had 5 out of 18 eggs make it to hatch. Some were clear, and one just didn't make it out of the shell... We tried to help it, but it had problems and didn't make it. Our second hatch resulted in 12 out of 30, but there were alot of clears after the first 10 days. We will have three different batches on eggs in the 'bator by next week... Finally gettin my heritage breeds going, but they are also my forst shipped eggs.... I hope to get atleast one out of each batch to hatch, but hopefully more of course. I have quickly fallen into this addiction. Best of luck to you... I see we joined the same day...NEAT!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by