Yay! The white stuff is almost gone! Chickens playing! Pic heavy!!!

chicken_china_mom

Crazy for Cochins
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Tab, Indiana
The snow has steadily been melting, so the other day we let the kids go out to play, and they actually WANTED to go out to play, lol. So my kids were out there with them helping them find bugs, moss, and hidden bits of new grass. Overall it was a good time had by all. Here are the pictures:

This is my Silver Cuckoo Maran rooster Mystery with some of his ladies:
29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_057.jpg

I love this picture of Mystery. He looks so regal. For a roo, he isn't terribly vain about how handsome he is, and is is VERY handsome!
29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_073.jpg

Here is one of my beautiful Wyandotte hens. Her name is Sir. Hey, when she first started to grow, we though she was a he!!!
29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_086.jpg

This is my BA hen Jersey. She is usually quite standoffish, but she paused for a moment and let me snap her pic:
29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_088.jpg

I love this pic of two of my Wyandotte hens. It almost looks like they are dancing:
29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_116.jpg

They went right to the edge of the snow, and no further. They certainly aren't dumb!
29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_139.jpg

Here is one of my two Sexlink hens. Her name is Poachy:
29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_174.jpg

Here is Twinkle, one of the Americauna sisters taking a tidbit of fresh grass from my daughter:
29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_160.jpg

Here is my younger daughter holding Sprinkle, Twinkle's sister:
29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_191.jpg

Here is my older daughter hugging Msytery. He submits to it without any fuss. For as big as he is, and as manly as he is, you would think he would put up a fight, but he doesn't. He likes it!
29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_214.jpg

And here is my younger daughter again, this time with Omelet, everyone's favorite standard hen. She's Poachy's sister and is an Amber Sexlink. Omelet is super friendly and will go to sleep on her back for my daughter:
29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_227.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys the pictures. I love taking them, and for the most part, the feathered kids love getting their pictures taken.
big_smile.png

Super pictures!
love.gif
Your "flock" is gorgeous! Your daughters look so happy with their pets, pretty family you have! I have to tell you, my 36 y/o niece says that chickens are "regal", and you know what, I think she's right!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I have pics on my other computer of her asleep on her back in my daughters arms. It was so cute. She would come running to my daughter every time she was out there and demand to be flipped onto her back and rubbed. Then my daughter would sit with her for an hour at a time, just rubbing her belly. Omelet loved it. She hasn't done it since she started laying, so we'll have to see if she will still willingly do it. I suspect she will!
wink.png

They had an audience too. My neighbor next door has outdoor cats, but her cats never mess with my birds. Occasionally her cats will come over to steal bits of food (she doesn't feed her cats enough, expects them to just catch mice and eat them) so my birds are used to the cats and if they feel that a cat is getting a bit too sassy, the cat gets a wicked hard peck to the head. If you look in the background, you can see several of her cats sitting and watching the birds. My neighbor has probably somewhere around 15 to 20 cats.

29191_birds_outside_feb_2010_143.jpg

Back
Top Bottom