1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yay!! They are such big girls now!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Amyh, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Amyh

Amyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    I had some 7 or 8 week old chicks that were using my grow out pen and then a new batch of one and two week old chicks in my brooder. The littlest ones are getting too big for the brooder, so I needed the grow out pen. I figured I would put the 7 & 8 week olds with my flock and see how they did. The first few days I just let them free range together, then I put them in the pen for a few days and then I let them sleep in the big coop.

The first few nights I had to put them in the big coop, but tonight they were up on the roost when I went to lock them up. I was so proud of them!! I'm also proud of my big girls for being so gentle with these little ones. I'm sure things could have gone differently.

2. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Nice job![​IMG]

3. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    I'm glad it went well for you, it's nice knowing you can trust your big girls with the new chicks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by