Yay! They're finally here! Now with some pics!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by howfunkyisurchicken, Apr 25, 2011.

1. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    After almost 2 months of waiting, I finally got my chicks from McMurray today. They look pretty good for chicks that spent 2 days traveling in the mail. I did loose 1 blue cochin-it was much smaller than the others, and the other chicks had piled on top of it- but they had sent me an extra free of charge. They also sent a free female black giant, and a free rare exotic chick ( which looks like a cochin- but I can't figure out which color). I ordered 3 pardridge, 3 white, 3 buff, 3 black, and 1 blue- all cochins. This was a split order with 3 other friends, and they even went as far as marking the chicks for us. I am very pleased with McMurray and would order from them again. I would love to post pics, but haven't figured out how to do it from my Android phone( its new like my chicks [​IMG] ), so if anyone could tell me how to do that, I'd be happy to show them off!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    You should upload the pics onto a site like Photobucket.com or even Facebook. Then take the link Photobucket gives you and just insert it to your post. If it's from FB, then right click on the picture in your album and select 'view image', then copy the whole url it gives you. Post that in your thread between the following below.
    [​IMG]

3. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    [​IMG]

Maybe this worked? If it did, I'll go take some more pics [​IMG]

4. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    It Worked! Nice Brooder set up you have there! [​IMG]

5. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    YAY!!! And thank u very much, I think I've got about $10 invested in that brooder [​IMG]

6. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    [​IMG]
    a buff
    [​IMG]
    a blue, I think. Or maybe splash?
    [​IMG]
    a very adorable and sweet blue
    [​IMG]
    a partridge
    [​IMG]
    either a white or black......I have 6 that look like this, so I'm assuming that's what they are. I'm sure there'll be more pics as they grow. I'm so excited to finally show some of them off [​IMG]

7. Anianna

Anianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    N/E of Richmond, VA
    I love those little pant legs!

I've never seen anybody make a plastic bin look so fancy!

8. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Only the best for my babies [​IMG]

9. sjmarshall87

sjmarshall87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Carthage
    Beautiful Babies [​IMG]

I too am using plastic bins for mine.. Although they would probably enjoy your set up more.. lol.. Mine dont have nearly as much "FUN" stuff to play with. [​IMG]

How did you attach the chicken wire? I like the way you did that is it just a bunch of little holes with string knotted through?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by