YAY!! THEY'RE HERE!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Year of the Rooster, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Finally!!! All this waiting has paid off! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] My chicks from Ideal came this morning before I went to school and I didn't get to tell you guys until now [​IMG] I originally ordered 6 Golden Sebrights(straight run), 6 White Silkies(straight run), 1 RIR, 1 BR, 1 BA, and 1 EE (all SHOULD be pullets)..... BUT! Ideal sent me an extra silkie packing peanut [​IMG] So thats 17 birds in all. They're sooooo cute [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. One question though, some of the sebright chicks look like their feathers are slicked back instead of the usual poofy-ness. Is this normal? They seem fine otherwise, eating and drinking. The BA already comes when I call it too [​IMG] [​IMG] Just thought I'd let you guys know, and I want to thank you guys because if it wasn't for you or BYC then I probably wouldn't have known which chicks were which [​IMG]

WARNING!!!! I don't know if I can post pics yet [​IMG] I know how ya'll like 'em and so do I.... but we'll have to wait and see [​IMG]

2. chickie_momma

chickie_momma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    Congrats on your new chickies!!!! Cant wait to see the pictures!!!!

3. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Congrats! I still can't believe my little chickies are 2 weeks old. It seems like yesterday I was picking them up from the post office and worrying over whether they'd all survived the journey... and then loving the little tiny fuzzies at first sight!

4. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    PS -- is BA a Black Australorp? I'm still learning all of the chicken shorthand...

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Yes, BA is Black Australorp [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by