Yay!!!!!! We bought adult Chickens. (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Diamante, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Diamante

Diamante Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    Southwest, Ohio
    Well we saw an ad in the paper about bantams for sale for $5. So my sister(eestep8) called and we went today. Well we thought since they were adult chickens and some of the hens were laying(will be selling hatching eggs soon) we'd go and check them out and maybe buy a pair. But ended up coming home with 3 pairs. Red pyle oegb, Mille fluer d'uccles, and golden sebrights. So i am very happy. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] They are staying in either guinea pig cages or a cat cage until next weekend when we make our pens.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From what you can see, are any of them SQ?

Thanks, Lisa

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I don't know a darn thing about SQ. However they are all very beautiful! You should be so proud of that purchase! When you start selling hatching eggs I will be interested!

3. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    COGRATULATIONS!!!!! on your ready made family. [​IMG]

There beautiful!!!!

and look very healthy....

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!

I wish i could stumble upon that.....

ARIZONA SUCKS!!!

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Nice birds, very pretty! I got a couple pullets at point of lay, back in January, and I'm really pleased also. Good luck with your group! [​IMG]

6. Cyberous

Cyberous Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice find and great looking birds!

Don [​IMG]

7. Diamante

Diamante Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    Southwest, Ohio
    Thanks for the replies. I am very happy with my new chickens. Although its very funny how they were scared of my cat, lol. Im not sure which pair i'll be using for 4-h, all i know is i hope we dont get to many more pairs before then or i wont be able to chose at all.
    Thanks, Lisa

8. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Wow they are all very beautiful birds, look to be in great shape! You did well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by