Yay yay yay yay yay! Silkie's first egg today!!!

Frizzlett98

Songster
9 Years
Jun 22, 2014
Southwest Virginia
Ok so first of all, that wasn't meant to rhyme, just a happy coincidence lol.The first picture is Red Sex Link eggs and 1 white egg in the top right corner. The RSL eggs are going in the incubator Thursday and hopefully they'll hatch. They are from my 2 RSLs Dove and Phoebe. Phoebe started laying last week but not her very first time at laying eggs. Dove was laying a little over 2 weeks ago. Now about the white egg, that is my Silkie hen, Binky's first egg!
celebrate.gif
She's five months old. I didn't expect it at all because I checked her pelvic bones a week ago and she was about half a finger's width apart. This is such a happy surprise! The 2nd picture is Binky, the third, the daddy of the eggs Leonard. And the 4th is my partridge Silkie, Tanner, also 5 months old. Her pelvic bones are just barely separated but if she's anything like Binky, she'll be laying soon. 11 hens left to go to start laying. I think I'll have a BR starting next week. Ya know what, probably a few starting next week or the week after. So excited they're finally starting to lay!

His comb's a bit scary. Everyone says it looks like a wart
lau.gif

She was an "ugly duckling" when she was 2-4 months old but now she's beautiful. Picture doesn't do her justice.

Last edited:
Congrats to the new layers! I remember when my girls started laying. I did a happy dance right in the middle of the run. It really startled the chickens Ha Ha!

I always gasp when I see a new egg. My dog learned that when I gasp, it usually means there's something in the yard that's not supposed to be there. Like dogs, squirrels, people, etc. So when I got my very first egg, I had him in the pen with me and, of course, I gasped and he started barking like crazy. Getting him to bark is easy. It's getting him to STOP is the hard part lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom