Yay!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Jul 17, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    So the guy who im dealing with that has the Button Quail says he had a dozen for me!! Im so happy!!

But the problem is, I made a small still air tote incubator (just for the buttons) using reptile heat pads and I have 2 thermometers in there. the outdoor/indoor digital says 96.6*F - 97.3*F and the reptile tank thermometer says 100.2*F-101.3*F... Which one do I trust... I kind of want to trust the Reptile thermometer because it was actually meant for enclosures..

TIA!

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    I also used reptile heat pads for my heat source and they worked awesome! Before purchasing my last few thermometers (analog), I looked at every thermometer in the rack at the store. If 10/15 had the same reading, I figured that was probably the temp the store thermostat was set for. Then I bought one and brought it home and sit it on top of my house thermostat. If it read the same as the house thermostat, I figured it was pretty accurate (i.e. first it read the same as the store and then the same as the house). Not very scientific but I think it must have worked because I've had pretty successful hatches.

3. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:That makes sense but the problem with mine is the digital read the same and the analog read the same but put them in the tote they ready different! that is the part that makes no sense

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by