Yay!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Dec 8, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Just bought my first chicken diaper for my little Serama, Claire! [​IMG]

As I've been looking up info on chicken diapers.. I've read a few people posting that your "abusing your chicken" if you use them... Im sorry I just dont see how [​IMG]
    My Serama are too small to be outside in the winter so this will be a blessing an they can come in an rome the house an get out of their cages. I guess thats abusing them though [​IMG]

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Congrats on the diaper [​IMG].

3. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

I guess if you are abusing your chicken, then so are the thousand of people that put diapers on their dogs for heat cycles and incontinence. I've diapered elderly dogs, and yes, I put cute sweaters and shirts on one of my dogs from time to time. I don't think it is such a big deal. I think a chicken wearing a diaper is better than chicken poop all over your house. You've got to post a pic though. [​IMG]

4. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Ugh! My chihuahua is wearing one of those right now.. An I put those cute little sweaters on her too because she's a pansy an HATES being cold! lol She will literally lay directly under the woodstove! What I've read with chicken diapers is "chickens are meant to be outside"... Well maybe they would like coming inside every now an then! Thats how I see it! My little Claire took a nap with me yesterday an ate Spaghetti with me an my mom yesterday lol she had her own plate an everything!
    You can bet I'll post pics!! I've been wanting to make my own but im not that brave yet! [​IMG]

5. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    How bout some pictures? [​IMG]

6. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I'll post a pic of the daiper when it comes!
    But its from LCC its the one on the far right! The brown an blue floral one!

[​IMG]

Here are some pictures of my little Claire an my daughter! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. yomama

So that is a Serama?! I had a hen that looked exactly like that, but was always told she was a black sexlink, possibly mix. I got her from a Russian kid a few years back, and he had a ton of different hens, he wasn't quite sure what he had. I swear that is her! Weird.

9. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Yeah she's a serama. She's not show quality but she is my daughter's pet! She's SUPPOSE to have yellow legs, Yellow beak, an red ear lobes but sometimes you just cant have it all [​IMG]
    She makes up for it in personality though! If your girl looked like Claire then theres no way it was a BSL! Also Seramas are extremely tiny (Claire is only 12oz!!) where as BSLs are LF birds.
    Here she is standing next to my size 5 shoe!! She's not much bigger!

[​IMG]

10. yomama

oh, never mind. I looked as some pics of her, and she had gold on her neck. But she was tiny though, like yours.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by