1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

YAYY MY CHICKENS ARE HERE!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SarahF, May 30, 2008.

1. SarahF

SarahF Chillin' With My Peeps

So here's the scoop on my Old McDonald House! [​IMG] Last Saturday, DH found a kitten in our garage. We brought it in, fed it, and than I put it back outside. I thought the mother may have been moving her litter there and I didn't want to really raise a kitten, with having Avery and 14 chickens and one cat already, I didn't have time.

So we went and checked the next day and there were 3 more kittens....I thought PERFECT I don't have to take care of them. Clearly the mother was around. So we went and checked last night, and we only found 2 kittens. The first one we found was killed, along with the mother and one other kitten [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] We are thinking rats... [​IMG]

Needless to say, I know have 2 kittens in my kitchen, and a very upset 2 year old house cat! I believe they are about 4 weeks old and VERY skinny. Hopefully they will do fine. I don't know about my house cat though, he's already having health issues.

CHICKENS CHICKENS CHICKENS! [​IMG]
    I now own 33 chickens! OH BOY! I have 14 6week olds (8 Columbian Rock x RIR and 6 RIR x Columbian Rock) and 19 1-2 week old varietys...

I just got home from the Post Office with my "fancy" chickens I ordered yesterday from Performance Poultry, here in Ontario. I believe I got 5 Part. Silkies, 7 Grey Silkies, 5 White crested Black Polish, 2 Sultan !!! I'm SO EXCITED! I looked forever for a breeder who did Silkies and Polish! YAYY Pictures to follow (once I find my camera!)[​IMG]

2. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    <sing song voice> Sarah's got her hands full, Sarah's got her hands full!

When I brought Bert (rescue kitten) home, Amanda (10 year old rescue kitten) sat in our bedroom doorway with her back to us. She lived another 7 years and she never forgave us.

When I brought Serge (rescue kitten) home, Sherbet (1 y.o. cat) didn't like it too much for the first week, but now they're good buds. I hope you'll be able to manage all your new "kids"! Can't wait to see the pictures!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by