Yayyy!! Arlo's First Crow

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by QuinnP, Nov 26, 2010.

1. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    So proud of my little man! He did his very first crow yesterday! He surprised himself, because he was flailing around (I put him down on his blankie & he wasn't done cuddling) & then he flopped onto his face, poor baby. [​IMG] He is living with me again because according to Dede he wasn't eating at her house & seemed depressed. (And a cat took a swipe at him) Now he gets daily snuggle time & he hasn't STOPPED eating! He coos & beeps. He likes to be rocked & then nestles into my chest & closes his eyes.

(he's not very spoiled is he??)

I told him what a big boy he was & now he was an official rooster instead of a chickie. I'm so proud. He ate the biggest supper for Thanxgiving! part of a devilled egg, some taters, peas & a teensy weensy pile of turkey. He likes to be sang too, watches the Dukes of Hazzard with us.

yayy for the new Official Rooster!!

2. LeezyBeezy

LeezyBeezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Lancaster PA
    oh, just the idea of this makes me laugh!

3. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Yep that is one very spoiled and pampered Roo. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. highcountrychickens

highcountrychickens Head Rooster Jouster

Aug 28, 2008
    Jackson Hole
    I remember hearing my first little roo-chick crow - DH came into the house laughing so hard he couldn't talk so he just took me outside and said 'listen' our roo "Hansel" cocked his little head, opened his beak and this thing came out that sounded like someone had jumped with both feet onto a whoopie cushion... it still reduces me to rolls of laughter to think of it. Let me tell you though, how PROUD that little guy was about his accomplishment!

5. QuinnP

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    HAHAHAHA!!!!

he hasn't crowed again, just little beeps.

6. QuinnP

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    Nate says maybe he's just too content to crow as his needs & wants are all anticipated

7. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    Go Arlo, go arlo, go arlo!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by