Yayyyy!! a poult! :)

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Duckles, May 13, 2011.

1. Duckles

Duckles Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    West Mass
    I went to pick up my poults today but the Naragansetts hadn't been hatching so all I got was my Red Bourben... but I'm in love! [​IMG]

He's a little... dazed? But I'm going to let him adjust to the brooder and warm up before I get worried. We want to name him something whiskey related hehehe any thoughts??

Now without further ado...

[​IMG]

2. Jocasta

Jocasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Aww! He's lovely! Wont he be lonely all by himself?

What about "Scotch" Or something of the like (Scottie etc) - it's a type of whiskey like bourbon and red hair is a typical Scottish trait [​IMG] Just an idea [​IMG]

3. jasonm11

jasonm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    Jamison hennesy, Jack Daniels, comfort,

4. Jocasta

Apr 8, 2011
    Quote:I love Jack!!! [​IMG] Second that suggestion.

5. Duckles

Feb 17, 2011
    West Mass
    Good ideas [​IMG] I got a silky to go with him so he's not lonely. My fiance isn't into silkies, so it was a good excuse to get one. [​IMG]

6. Jocasta

Apr 8, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Kelsey2017

Kelsey2017 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Two Harbors, MN
    My BR tom is named Jim (Beam). [​IMG] Keep the names coming, I have a some to name too!

8. Duckles

Feb 17, 2011
    West Mass
    haha yeah Jim was my fiance's pick too at first... The little guy passes out the second I hold him. We joked that he acts like he's been drinking a little bourbon so we named him Buzzy. He watched 48 hours with me last night [​IMG] I have 26 ducks and have never loved a bird like this, he's so cute!! We named the silkie chick Wolfie, and he thinks Buzz is his mother. They get along well, I hope there's no problem with them brooding together, I haven't noticed anything. I'll post pictures later of the life and naps of Buzzy hehe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by