1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yea for Paypal -- Watch out

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arllcountrygirl, Apr 6, 2009.

1. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

I got a call first thing this morning - asking me about a transaction on my paypal account - It was for some online gaming and they drained $50 bucks out [​IMG] - I had eggs to pay for this morning too. [​IMG]

At first I was leary [​IMG] that someone might be trying to get my info over the phone. Sorry married to a cop and it makes me leary and not trusting on somethings. [​IMG] Anyway - so will I was talking to them - I went and logged on and sure enough someone had done just that. [​IMG] I explained that I really REALLY needed the money back and couldn't wait the 30 days for investigation or whatever they had to do. The lady explained what they would do and that Paypal covered things like that but for me to log in later and change my password.

Well - here I am wondering how I am going to pay for the eggs I had coming without getting into my bank account - I try to use just what I keep in my paypal for that.

Well anyway - within 10 min - I had had the $50 back in my account and several emails explaining what they were doing.

So I just have to give Paypal a [​IMG]

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    WOW! thats scary! good thing they gave it back. Guess i should log in and look at mine!!! Thanks for the heads up.

3. arllcountrygirl

Yea - I wouldn't have realized it until I went to pay for eggs - I am glad paypal stays on their toes.

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    i will check mine too. Mine is good. But i changed my password.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  5. DarkWingDuck

DarkWingDuck Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Meville
    I'm glad things worked out well for you.

6. arllcountrygirl

Thanks [​IMG] me too [​IMG]

7. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    That makes me feel better about using Paypal. I don't use it often, until I found that darn BYC auction thread. Now it's been getting some overtime useage.

8. Shanay235

Shanay235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    WV
    A couple of years ago PayPal caught, stopped, and notified me that somone had attempted to make a $1,000.00 transfer out of my checking account. I've made a few larger purchases with PayPal so it wasn't like this was an abnormal amount of money for me to spend. I don't know if they were ever able to track and find out who the person was but I sure am grateful they stopped it! Now, whenever there is the option, I'll always choose PayPal first.

9. arllcountrygirl

Quote:LOL!! I know what you mean

10. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Oh girl! I'm sure you probably already have this, but do a full scan with a spyware program like Spybot - It's free and it's good! It really sounds like someone got you with a keylogger and that's how they managed to get your password.

http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by