YEA!!!! my coop is finally done!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fallenweeble, Dec 26, 2007.

1. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Songster

Dec 4, 2007
    first of all, thank you to all the folks who have answered my dumb newbie questions - i couldn't have done it without ya!
    second, the chickens got a new coop for christmas! oh my goodness they are so happy! it's been a few weeks coming so they were raring to go! (been living in my house in dog kennels . . . not . . . happy . . . chickens.
    i'll take some pics during daylight hours so that ya'll can see how groovy everything is.
    i'm so excited.
    i put a little plastic lawn chair out there and ate my dinner in the straw with them (yes, my christmas dinner) while watching them strut and scratch and peck around. if i wasn't an addict before i AM now - there's no turning back.
    *group chanting* "one of us, one of us, one of us . . . "
    bok bok
    f. weeble

2. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Congratulations!!!!! I remember the first day in the new coop.....it was the best!!!!!

3. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Songster

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Great can't wait to see pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Mac

Mac Songster

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    Yeah, where are the pictures?

5. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Songster

Dec 4, 2007
    pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the part that looks like a hottub attached to the porch is the "yard." i didn't want the dogs to pester the birds so i made the sides high and solid but the top is wire so they can sun themselves. also, if the city of la looks over my fence i hope they just go "nice hot tub" and keep on looking for chickens elsewhere! [​IMG]

so . . . did i do good? [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007

6. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Very nice!! I love the advertisements!!! Good job weeble! Darlene

7. Mac

Mac Songster

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    Great job! I too thought it was a hottub and thought WOW, lucky chickens until I remembered they couldn't swim.....I don't think anyone looking over the fence would know its not a hot tub. Throw a rubber duckie or inner tube up there to complete the "look!"

Lucky chickens.

8. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Songster

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Great job [​IMG]

I would love to have my chickens on my porch ((I could have coffee with them in the AM))

9. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    That is a great coop. Are you going to get any more?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007

10. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Songster

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    That coop is too cute. You have some lucky little birds. I love when people decorate there coops.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by