YEA!!!! my coop is finally done!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fallenweeble, Dec 26, 2007.

1. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    first of all, thank you to all the folks who have answered my dumb newbie questions - i couldn't have done it without ya!
    second, the chickens got a new coop for christmas! oh my goodness they are so happy! it's been a few weeks coming so they were raring to go! (been living in my house in dog kennels . . . not . . . happy . . . chickens.
    i'll take some pics during daylight hours so that ya'll can see how groovy everything is.
    i'm so excited.
    i put a little plastic lawn chair out there and ate my dinner in the straw with them (yes, my christmas dinner) while watching them strut and scratch and peck around. if i wasn't an addict before i AM now - there's no turning back.
    *group chanting* "one of us, one of us, one of us . . . "
    bok bok
    f. weeble

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Congratulations!!!!! I remember the first day in the new coop.....it was the best!!!!!

3. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Great can't wait to see pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    Yeah, where are the pictures?

5. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the part that looks like a hottub attached to the porch is the "yard." i didn't want the dogs to pester the birds so i made the sides high and solid but the top is wire so they can sun themselves. also, if the city of la looks over my fence i hope they just go "nice hot tub" and keep on looking for chickens elsewhere! [​IMG]

so . . . did i do good? [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  6. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Very nice!! I love the advertisements!!! Good job weeble! Darlene

7. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    Great job! I too thought it was a hottub and thought WOW, lucky chickens until I remembered they couldn't swim.....I don't think anyone looking over the fence would know its not a hot tub. Throw a rubber duckie or inner tube up there to complete the "look!"

Lucky chickens.

8. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Great job [​IMG]

I would love to have my chickens on my porch ((I could have coffee with them in the AM))

9. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    That is a great coop. Are you going to get any more?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  10. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    That coop is too cute. You have some lucky little birds. I love when people decorate there coops.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by