1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yea! They are all friends!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by rypie13, Sep 3, 2008.

1. rypie13

rypie13 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2008
    Finally, after five weeks, our little cuckoo marans (11 week or so) and our 18 week old chickens are becoming one flock. We have kept them since they were 6 weeks or so in the same coop, just in a separated part. But last night we went out to coop them up for the night and all six of them were crowded on the high perch TOGETHER! [​IMG]
    We weren't sure if it would ever happen... it must have been this weekend, they were in the run together Labor day and their was a big storm, we were gone so they just hung out together in the coop. We are sooooo happy!!
    they still kind of stay together out in the yard, and the other four venture farther away -- but it is progress [​IMG]

2. LindaN

LindaN Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2007
    Chicago
    Wow, 5 weeks, eh? I was just asking about how long the intro process lasts on another thread. I was hoping that my new chicks and my hens would work out the pecking order in just 2-3 weeks. I guess if it takes that long, then I'll just have to get used to it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by