Yeah for Cackle's Easter Eggers !!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by GermanChick, Sep 14, 2010.

1. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    All of my EE's that I ordered from Cackle are laying now, the first started with 19 weeks, and now with 22 weeks all of them are laying beautiful blue to green eggs. Just a nice pale Robin Egg color. They are all different colors too and the only ones in my flock that have names........ since I can't tell apart the BR and BA [​IMG]
    Actually Toffee, one of the EE, was the first of all of the breeds to lay !!!!!!!!!

2. clacasse88

clacasse88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    You are lucky! I have some from McHealthy Hatchery that are 26 weeks and 2 out of 3 are laying. I have other friends who have some from the same batch and theirs are not laying yet!

3. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 4 from Cackle 2 of 4 are laying one is brown the other laid her first today a blue/green waiting on the other two.... [​IMG]

4. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Beautiful birds right, I have 3 EE pullets I ordered backl on may, the're 19 weeks old and hjavent started laying yet, but Im guessing its cuz of the crazy heat is still in the 100 here in california, so Im not expecting them to start laying yet.
    But there lovely birds.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You are blessed, I've seen some EE's not lay until they are 30 weeks.

That's a lot o feed for a blue egg!

6. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    [​IMG]

Aren't they pretty.......

7. jmemom

jmemom Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Good for you!! [​IMG] My 5 EE from Cackle still haven't begun laying yet. But I'm glad to hear they are from good stock. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by