yeah its nothing big but....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Sep 16, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    I know Im going to get slammed for this but here it goes anyways...

I "stole" and egg from my MIL who has Red Sexlinks(wouldnt really call it stealing when they give them to everyone else)
    Well her 14 Red Sex Links are in with 2 of my roosters.. 1 Red Pyle Old English Game Bantam and 1 Mille Fleur d'Uccle
    I set the egg on the 12th and I candeled it tonight along with my Serama I just had shipped in this week (when they arrived the room was spinning so I couldnt see Air Cells that well.. turns out I have 3 detatched air cells)
    Well thats really nothing, people have babies hatch all the time... well here's the kicker...
    ITS A DOUBLE YOLKER and there is not 1 but 2 BABIES GROWING!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We're gonna have twins!!

Here are the potential daddys

Red Pyle, Snow

[​IMG]

d'Uccle, Fugly

[​IMG]

2. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

Congrats [​IMG] But you will probably have to help it out of the shell when it starts to hatch. There are threads here about that and a video on utube that shows it all. It can be done. [​IMG]

3. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I know I seen it! She had one good twin hatch and one bad where one chick died.. [​IMG]
    But I wonder if twin chicks hatch like twin babies are born a little early?
    I honestly didnt expect the egg to take because all the other double yolk eggs I have set, never took so I guess its off to reserch [​IMG]

4. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

The video I saw both of them made it.

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG] Congratulations!! [​IMG]

You may have to help them out of their egg when hatch time comes. I doubt they can get out on their own. [​IMG]

~Aspen

6. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:She had 2 double yolkers, one both chicks made it, the other one chick died an the other lived..

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Congratulations!!

You may have to help them out of their egg when hatch time comes. I doubt they can get out on their own.

~Aspen

I am prepared to do that! [​IMG]
    Laura's eggs gave me the experience in assisted hatching lol​

7. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Know that these chicks will NOT hatch on their own and have a great chance of dying in the shell. I would think when the first one internally pips, maybe wait 24 hours and start assist....not sure though when you know to start the assisted hatch. Good Luck![​IMG]

8. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I was prepared to assit when I set them on September 12th.. If my math is correct, lockdown should be September 30th.. so I guess we'll see how it goes!
    Thank you for the good luck!! [​IMG]

9. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Okay so I did some research and came up with incubation time is the same as a single baby.. lockdown on day 18, hatch day between then...
    so if my math is correct Lockdown is September 30th and H-Day is October 3rd..

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:She had 2 double yolkers, one both chicks made it, the other one chick died an the other lived..

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Congratulations!!

You may have to help them out of their egg when hatch time comes. I doubt they can get out on their own.

~Aspen

I am prepared to do that! [​IMG]
    Laura's eggs gave me the experience in assisted hatching lol​

Good luck sweety! [​IMG]

~Aspen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by