YEAHHHHH...we got our first egg!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by greenacre, Sep 4, 2007.

1. greenacre

greenacre Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2007
    South Eastern Michigan
    I wish I could get a picture of our perfect little brown egg!! I took the kids to the zoo today for their last day of summer vacation (school starts tomorrow). When we came home around 4ish, there it was neatly placed next to the golf balls in one of our two nests. I am the proudest mother around!! My DH told me in a girlie high pitched voice, "You better get on line and tell your chicken friends right away." And then gave me the wink, wink. He knows me all too well, doesn't he???

PS. I should have titled it FINALLY we got our first egg because Tweety is 22 1/2 weeks old. I just wanted to mention that so that people know there is hope out there for their 20 and 21 week olds!!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  2. davecash

davecash Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    kaintucky
    condratulations! you going to eat it or hatch it?

3. greenacre

Jun 30, 2007
    South Eastern Michigan
    Hi davecash...right now it is resting comfortably in the fridge. We have to save it and show it to all the neighborhood kids, grandmas and grandpas, classmates, etc. Thanks for the congrats!!! I am just sitting here smilin' away!!!

4. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    DONT DROP IT. that was the fate of our first egg

5. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Congratz! i remember my first egg, it was very exciting. ! Though very small. what breed of chicken did it come from?

6. greenacre

Jun 30, 2007
    South Eastern Michigan
    It was my Australorp named Tweety. All our other babies are 13 weeks old...I just can't imagine the fun when everybody is laying!!!

7. greenacre

Jun 30, 2007
    South Eastern Michigan
    Well, we got our second egg around 4ish again today!! Yippeeeeee!!! It is the same size as yesterdays and just as perfect looking!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by