Year old chickens stopped laying!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cmsearles, Sep 11, 2012.

1. cmsearles

cmsearles New Egg

Nov 7, 2011
    I have 4 chickens that are a little over a year old. They started laying at about 18 weeks and have done really well up until about 2 weeks ago. Their egg count went from 3-4/day to 1-2/day and now nothing. In April, we got 2 new chicks, who are not quite ready to lay. They have been a part of the flock for about 3 months, so nothing new there. Then in early August, we rescued a ugly little thing from a Starbucks parking lot, believe it or not! Based on her features, she seems to be about 4 or so months old. She is being treated for lice and it is mostly cleared up. She is also part of the flock. She gets picked and pecked on often. I have checked and rechecked the other gals and they have no eggs or live lice on them. I did treat them once about 5 weeks ago. Other than that, everything else seems hunky dorey. I see no evidence of eggs being consumed by the chickens, they are not laying in weird places,etc. They all appear to be healthy. Any ideas??

2. Den in Penn

Den in Penn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    SE Pa.
    Could they be molting? How about internal parasites?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by