Year old hens, no eggs since August

Maggieb0592

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 8, 2016
Help! I have 13 hens: 2 are almost 3, 6 just turned a year in September, 5 are almost a year. I haven’t gotten any eggs since August. And I’m pretty sure the year old ones never laid before then.

All chickens seem happy, and I’ve cleaned/treated everything thinking we may have had mites but never found evidence.

I’ve had chickens for 10 years now and mine have always been finicky but not this bad. I can’t justify chickens that won’t lay enough to keep me from having to buy eggs year round. Anyone have suggestions??

Crookadoodle

Chirping
Oct 18, 2021
Folliwing out of curiousity as my spri g hatch hens havent laid anything yet, my year old ISA browns decided to all hard molt this fall and have gone off lay and i have some 8 month old hens that have dropped significantly in production. Averaging 2 eggs a day with 23 hens....

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop

Maggieb0592

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 8, 2016
Sounds like these are duds?
Surely with 10 years experience you'd know a pullet egg when you see one.
Do you free range?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/
The older ones are taking their yearly break due to short days and to molt(if you are in the northern hemisphere).
Surely all 6 wouldn’t be duds since they are 4 different breeds and I haven’t seen pullet eggs from them unless they are eating them but there is no leftover evidence. They free range about an hour a day.

Top Bottom