Year olds BR, 6 month old red stars, and much more in McPherson Ks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by comerrick, Aug 10, 2008.

1. comerrick

comerrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  2. comerrick

May 15, 2008
    Bumping for the Kansans
    Lov
    Liv

3. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Liv,

How are the 2 babies? And the rest of your chickies... And then of course the kids.....

4. comerrick

May 15, 2008
    They just fitted in with the rest, it was amazing. One actually had a skiff with the dog. But is doing great now. He thought they were the coolest toys ever.[​IMG] But she is back to normal and doing great. And he is watched like a hawk now. I lost 3 ameraucana chicks last week though. They went through a hole in the fence and was killed by the neighbors dogs. So the 3 week olds are not allowed to be out and about by themselves anymore. I wanted to replace them but not with new chicks, so I went up and bought 2 chickens. They are 6 months old and should lay any day now. I still have another 3-4 months before my oldest chicks will lay so this will be nice. Oh yea the kids. LOL the twins have become my chicken wranglers and bring them in at night. Now all of them are used to being held.
    Lov
    Liv
    PS what breed were the ones that you gave me?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  5. comerrick

May 15, 2008
    PS, you can see pictures of everything on my blog in my sig line.
    Lov
    Liv

6. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Sorry to hear about the little chicks. I am sure you will love getting eggs!

Good to hear that everyone is doing great and that they settled in fine. Their mothers are two of my favorites. The hens are Australorp, the rooster could have been either a Welsummer or a OE bantam.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by