1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yee-Ha! Newbie from Littleton, Colorado Hello Everyone!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickenlittleton, Apr 26, 2009.

1. chickenlittleton

chickenlittleton Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2009
    Littleton, Colorado
    Just wanted to introduce ourselves @ chickenlittleton. My husband Tim and I live in Littleton Colorado in a delightful mountain area with a couple acres and a rushing stream this time of year. We are city slickers through and through who traded it all in for the simple life with our 4 cats and 2 Burnese Mtn. Dogs. Our kids are grown, and we look forward to summers with our grandkids. The Hens and Chicks are a new endevour for us. We built a homemade aviary and coop from free items on craigslist and some found items on our property (like an old outhouse). We are learning as we go. We have 6 laying hens and 10 chicks plus 3 turkeys poults. We've lost 1 chick and 2 poults. Gosh the poults are bumming us out. I've brought the last one indoors and I'm mothering him (or her) solo. He cries alot. So we've made it to week 7 and all in all I think we've faired well. We'll DEFINATELY be learning about incubating in the near future. This is just WAY too much fun. Love the website and the good folks who post on it. Glad to be a part of the community. Lots of Love to all of ya's!!! Tim and Pam Steiner

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

3. SoJoChickens

SoJoChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Fountain Green, UT
    [​IMG] from South Jordan Utah!

4. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    [​IMG]

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

6. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello and [​IMG] from NC

7. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

8. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    You've found a great place to hang out. [​IMG]

9. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    WELCOME from over here West of you in Grand Junction, CO. I am a Newbie also and having so much fun. This web site is a great learning tool. If you have a question it can be answered here. Good Luck with your New Adventure!

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] from NM, I love the Littleton area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by