Yee-Ha! Newbie from Littleton, Colorado Hello Everyone!!!

chickenlittleton

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
Littleton, Colorado
Just wanted to introduce ourselves @ chickenlittleton. My husband Tim and I live in Littleton Colorado in a delightful mountain area with a couple acres and a rushing stream this time of year. We are city slickers through and through who traded it all in for the simple life with our 4 cats and 2 Burnese Mtn. Dogs. Our kids are grown, and we look forward to summers with our grandkids. The Hens and Chicks are a new endevour for us. We built a homemade aviary and coop from free items on craigslist and some found items on our property (like an old outhouse). We are learning as we go. We have 6 laying hens and 10 chicks plus 3 turkeys poults. We've lost 1 chick and 2 poults. Gosh the poults are bumming us out. I've brought the last one indoors and I'm mothering him (or her) solo. He cries alot. So we've made it to week 7 and all in all I think we've faired well. We'll DEFINATELY be learning about incubating in the near future. This is just WAY too much fun. Love the website and the good folks who post on it. Glad to be a part of the community. Lots of Love to all of ya's!!! Tim and Pam Steiner

welcome-byc.gif
from TN

WELCOME from over here West of you in Grand Junction, CO. I am a Newbie also and having so much fun. This web site is a great learning tool. If you have a question it can be answered here. Good Luck with your New Adventure!

Back
Top Bottom